One of our family’s favorite meals during the long cold winter is chili. Over the years I have tried many recipes and finally developed one that is delicious every single time.
Three Bean and Beef Chili by Jill Samter (serves 10-15 people)
- Cook 2 lbs. organic grass fed ground beef with 2 garlic cloves minced in a little bit of virgin olive oil until brown
- Dice and sauté five bell peppers (yellow and red are my favorite) in a large stock pot – add cooked beef to the pot
- Add Italian spices, sea salt, and black pepper to taste into pot. Dash of chili spice or to taste.
- Add 4 cups veggie broth (I use an organic low sodium broth)
- Add 2 cups water
- Add 4 cans of organic diced tomatoes
- Add 2 cans of organic kidney beans (rinsed)
- Add 2 cans of organic black beans (rinsed)
- Add 2 cans of organic white beans (rinsed)
- Add 5 organic carrots diced into pot.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour on medium to low heat.
Serve over rice or alone. We like to crush our cornbread into our chili.
I add a few things to it for that oh so yummy texture and flavor!!!!!
- 2 TB of Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp of organic cinnamon
- 1 Tsp organic vanilla extract (alcohol free)
- 1 cup organic sweet corn (optional)
I look forward to hearing how you like our favorite recipe. What is your favorite chili recipe?
Have a blessed and beautiful day!