I saw so many pins in the last three weeks for peppermint bark I couldn’t resist giving it a try. Especially knowing I could make my very own totally gluten free. Lexi and I had so much fun making two large cookie sheets of this today and let’s just say we didn’t mind tasting it when it was done!!!! Mmmmmmmm…
I always try to make sweet treats as healthy as possible and this recipe wasn’t too hard to figure that out. Nor was it hard to create!
I made a batch with white chocolate that was not GF for teacher and horse trainer gifts. I can’t wait to share it with them.
- Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- GF Candy Canes below
- GF Pretzels
- Green and Blacks White Chocolate Bars
- Melt chocolate in large skillet on very low flame or heat (both chocolates melted very quickly and easily)
- Spread onto a cookie sheet evenly with spatula
- Sprinkle broken pieces of GF pretzels evenly over chocolate
- Sprinkle broken pieces of GF candy canes over chocolate
- When you are satisfied with your creation – put cookie sheet in freezer for 10 minutes
- Remove from freezer promptly and then break peppermint bark apart. Place into airtight container until you are ready to enjoy or give as gifts. Do NOT place it close to heat or it might melt.
This is what our finished trays looked like before going into freezer.
The white chocolate does NOT have any pretzels inside. This one is simply chocolate on the bottom, then a layer of white chocolate, then a layer of the candy canes, with the dark chocolate drizzled on top.
OK, so whose mouth is watering right this very moment? No worries you can easily create them for your family and friends tonight! Have fun making this delicious gift!
Wishing you all a blessed and beautiful week!