If you missed my initial crock-pot recipe post, you can click here to read it.
Italian Chicken – serves 8 – prep time 10 minutes
- 3-4 pounds organic boneless/skinless breasts of chicken
- 3 organic bell peppers diced
- 1 organic yellow onion cut into quarters
- 1 16oz. jar of organic GF pasta sauce
1. Clean and dice peppers and onions
2. Rinse off cutting board and slice chicken into strips (always put cutting board into dishwasher after any raw meat has been cut on it – be sure to scrub utensils that touched it with hot soapy water)
3. Turn crock-pot onto HIGH – place peppers and onions onto bottom
4. Add in all chicken
5. Cover chicken with entire jar of sauce
6. Cook on HIGH for three hours and then turn to LOW for an additional two hours – then to warm until ready to enjoy!
Yes, this as good as it looks! We enjoyed it over jasmine rice in a bowl.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we all do!
Pin and share this with your friends!
Thanks for visiting!
Be sure to come back next week for my Hawaiian Chicken. Another family favorite!