Thursday, January 15, 2015

Beauty & Style with Jill {week I}

Welcome back to my weekly new column, where I share my favorite ensembles from the prior week to help you create new looks with all the clothes you already own.

The first two ensembles were pin inspired.  I love finding cute things to add to my wardrobe that are classic and inexpensive, yet chic!

Going to church in my new favorite #plaid skirt  #preppie #classicstyle #winter #fashion #express leather jacket #gap sweater #natural curly hair #longhairorbust for the win!

Black Leather Jacket – 2013 from Express

Navy Blue Turtleneck – 2013 Gap

NEW! Green A-Line Tartan Skirt – Chic Wish

Faux Pearl Statement Necklace - Target

Pin inspiration and now on me!  Love it #winter sweater

I found my NEW cardigan on Pinterest as well – Luula

Skinny Jeans – last year American Eagle

Navy Striped Long Sleeve Polo T-shirt – Ralph Lauren outlets in NC

Ugg Brooks Tall Brown Boots – right here

I mentioned in my introduction post to this new column how I take care of and save several key pieces in my wardrobe each year as I clean it out.  The next three ensembles are proof of that.

Green blazer #express #polkadots shirt  skinny jeans black riding boots

Green Corduroy Blazer – 6 years ago Forever 21

Black Polka-dot Blouse – Target

Indigo Skinny Jeans – American Eagle

Black Riding Boots – 3 years ago

Necklace – Loft 2013

#winter #fashion #fashion4over40 #modest #over40looksgood #classicstyle #uggs Brooks Tall black

Long Cardigan Sweater Jacket – 3 years ago Kohl's

Teal Turtleneck Sweater – 2 years ago Target

Tan Skinny Stretch Jeans – 2 years ago American Eagle

Ugg Brooks Tall Black Boots – right here

Grey sweater dress #francescas#newnecklace #target ballet flats #fashion #winter #modest #over40looksgood

Grey Cardigan – Target

Grey Sweater Dress – 3 years ago Target

Black Leggings with fleece lining {oh yeah!} – Francesca’s

Grey Pewter Ballet Flats – Target

Green Statement Necklace – Francesca’s

Fashion Tips:

#1 Have fun with color – add a pop of it to your ensemble with either a solid color jacket, shirt, scarf, necklace, or shoes! Wellies are a BIG hit this season and a fun way to add a pop of color.  Don’t be afraid to wear them with a long sweater and leggings all winter long.  Here are three great looks to copy!

I cannot wait for it to be super winter days where i can wear comfy and cute clothes like this! Miss wearing hats so much!Change out a more organic & colorful scarf Poncho de punto - knit poncho

#2 Embrace the trend for fall with a monochromatic ensemble.  Monotone colors look great on all skin tones and help slim down all body types.   Check out Olivia Palmero in her stunning sweater and pencil skirt combo in the “it pantone color” of this year – marsala!

#3 Add a statement necklace to your outfit and then keep the rest of your jewelry simple.  They are a great way to take a casual look for the office right into an evening on the town.

I found this on http://laurenconrad.com/blog

Tuesday Ten: December Style Tips

Mix and match your favorite sparkly necklaces to add an understated festive touch to your winter wardrobe. Also, be sure to check out Lauren’s tips on wearing statement necklaces too.

#4 Avoid the bag-lady look by pairing midi skirts with close-fitting tops and sleek accessories. This is a lovely look for fall or winter—it’s professional, fashionable, and warm (once you add a jacket as I shared above).

I hope you are enjoying this new column!

I would love to see how you incorporate these looks and tips into your daily ensembles, so please tag me on Instagram using #over40looksgood or #stylebyjill

Until next week, be sure to wear your best accessory a SMILE!

jill-style-siggy

Follow me on Pinterest and Instagram and tag me using #over40looksgood or #stylebyjill

No comments: