Those who know me know…
- I never make a new year’s resolution. Ever.
- I try to live my life with great faith – which means I am constantly being reminded that God gives grace to the humble and resists the proud! Growing in the grace and knowledge of my Savior is the only goal I have worth speaking about.
- I love fiercely and tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. I don’t put masks on and rarely enjoy small talk where others refuse to take theirs off.
- I long to lift others up and encourage everyone around me to only compete with themselves – by asking one simple question at the end of each day, “Did I love better today, then yesterday?” If not, then tomorrow I vow to do better.
- I am a life long learner and LOVE to share that knowledge with everyone. So welcome to a new year of learning together!
To all who joined me in 2014 thank you and welcome into 2015!
Let’s begin that by taking a look at some words of wisdom found in Ephesians 3:14-19
I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that He may grant you in accord with the riches of His glory to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner self, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Yes, grow and evolve. The only constant thing in this life is change. Time to let go and be at peace with the ever changing world around you. Your circumstances will not remain the same no matter how hard they are and how long they have lasted – every single day you have a choice in how to deal with them.
You can allow your circumstances to define you – either you will become stronger because of them and grow deeper in your faith or they will keep you a prisoner filled with resentment, bitterness, un-forgiveness, and anger. The choice is yours every single day. Today, happens to be a whole new year where you get to decide what it will look like.
So choose wisely friends what you make of this fresh start.
- Live without regrets by never letting the sun go down before you have squeezed every ounce of love from the very fiber of your soul each day!
- Spend each day learning something new.
- Spend each day growing deep roots in your faith, that are so nourished with His truths and promises. So that when the storms of life come you are able to withstand them.
- Spend each day loving yourself and others more.
- Spend each day nourishing your body – everything you put into your mind and body either brings life or death. Remember this as you go about your day.
- Learn all you can this year about natural healing, how to use essential oils, and why you should care about what products you put onto your skin (makeup, skincare, and sunscreens), just as much as what you put into your body!
- Spend each day being gracious with yourself and others.
- Show other kindness. It costs nothing and is worth everything to the human soul. A smile can change someone's life.
- Live a life of gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have and tell others in your life how grateful you are for them and all that they do for you!
- And when you forget your way, pray this beautiful prayer…
This year, my prayer for all of us is that we each live by His words… John 10:10
Find your joy, peace, hope, security, and love in Him.
Happy New Year! I look forward to sharing all that 2015 brings us!
PS – If there is something you would love for me to share this year, then please comment below! What is your favorite thing about my blog? How can I make it better for you?