Raise your hand if you can relate to the photo above. I know I’m not alone!
Ladies, I’ve been sharing my journey to heal my body naturally for over 10 years now. It’s no secret that I have struggled with many women’s health challenges ranging from auto-immune disease (Grave’s and Reynaud's), painful menstrual cycles, hot-flashes, night sweats, anxiety, bowel issues, leaky-gut, to very strong body odor. Instead of me linking them all here again or repeating myself, please click here and read each post that goes into depth on how and what I did to heal myself one step at a time.
Every year it seems I learn a new piece of information to help my body heal on a deeper level. Sometimes it is as simple as a new supplement, herb, or juice to drink. Other times it is a complete, “AHA” moment and I know I found another missing piece to my puzzle to eliminate some of my chronic health challenges for good.
No matter what I learn, one thing remains the same…
You must make your food your medicine!
You will never feel better until you stop eating processed foods and filling your body with toxic chemicals.
No amount of exercise can make up for the toxic over-load of bad food choices and the very air we breathe or the water we drink.
But here is the good news! We can all change!
Recently, I found out why I’m still struggling with hot flashes, heavy and painful menstrual cycles, rapid heartbeat during certain times of the month, and chronic constipation.
I have worked with several amazing naturopaths over the last 10 years and they have all helped me get to the next level. Which I am extremely thankful for and appreciate their support every step of the way! But no one knows my body better than me. I knew something was still missing, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Then I listened to a talk about menopause and balancing women’s hormones. BOOM! I was literally beaming as I took copious amounts of notes. Everything the speaker shared resonated with me and I can’t wait to implement what I believe is missing in my daily routine.
To get the entire picture I truly recommend you read my previous posts and figure out what resonates the most with your current health challenges or concerns.
So what causes our hormone imbalance in the first place?
- High copper levels in our livers. (anxiety, depression, hot flashes, hypertension, night sweats and menopause symptoms are all caused from a toxic liver) Being a vegan for almost 9.5 years contributed to my high copper levels.
- Poor diet loaded with processed foods and unhealthy fats.
- Poor sleep habits.
- Being dehydrated.
- Toxic skincare and beauty products.
- Toxins in our air and water.
Here is what I learned and will begin starting June 1st to say...
- I must cleanse my digestive tract, then my liver. I will be doing 30-60 day cleanse cycles.
- I will begin doing coffee enemas once a week for 30 days.
- I will add in these supplements: ProgestaKey, Colon Cleanse, Magnesium (watch this important video on Magnesium as well) , Raspberry Tea Leaf, Adrenal Health, Milk Thistle, Thyroid Support, Vitexberry, Deep Liver Support, and Liver Cleanse.
- I will increase my intake of the following foods: wild blueberries (They are one of the best antioxidants. They help build adrenal strength and clean out liver. They are an adaptogenic.) Sesame Tahini (phytoestrogens helps balance out hormones and estrogens) Organic Oranges (maintains normal blood pressure and has calcium and vit C) Avocados (help balance hormones – especially progesterone, healthy fats that feed the brain and heal the digestive tract) and finally Black Beans (rich in phytoestrogens, excellent source of fiber and also help heal the digestive tract - make sure you eat these often)
- I will go completely dairy free for 90 days. I already eat a paleo diet and remain 100% gluten free.
- I will increase my amount of organic fresh juice each day. I love Suja juices.
- I will increase my intake of liquid chlorophyll. You can use wheatgrass juice or powder to accomplish this as well.
- I will continue rebounding 15-30 minutes a day. I am looking into purchasing a pocket gym as well.
- I will continue to use the following essential oils daily to help my adrenals: frankincense (helps balance and stop over-reaction of adrenals and boosts immune response: rub it over your thyroid, and place two drops under your tongue am and pm), lavender, ginger (helps with reduce intestinal inflammation and ease digestive discomfort), peppermint (helps with bloating and gas – simply add a few drops to water and drink), chamomile, and thyme (has phytopogestrones in it – very good for balancing out hormones men/women, 2 drops rub on thyroid, and mix with frankincense to create a body lotion with coconut oil).
- During the day I will diffuse these essential oils to help lower cortisol and eliminate the fight or flight response: chamomile, ylang ylang, white fir oil with wild orange, you can add in cedarwood – then at night chamomile, vetiver and lavender.
- Take a detox bath three times a week for a month or longer (and when needed): 10 drops Chamomile oil , 10 drops vetiver oil with 1CUP Epsom salt for 20 minutes helps reduce GI inflammation – calms nervous system – breaks the cycle of flight or fight.
- To balance out blood sugar you can also rub lavender onto your body with cinnamon oil, or add one drop cinnamon oil into smoothie or hot drink and diffuse these together.
- Be sure you are getting enough Vit D3, and Zinc to help boost your immune system while balancing out your copper levels. I use a liquid D3 and Zinc.
Lemon, orange, and cinnamon oils together – very healing combo for the endocrine system (immune system, adrenals, etc.)
Now you have the tools needed to…
I would love to hear from you if you are going to implement any of these with me and let me know how you are doing. Please share what worked and didn’t. Thanks friends!
Remember to use my coupon code at checkout: jillbewell
FREE shipping too on all orders over $55.00!
If you're ready to start using essential oils for you and your family, or need to stock up on accessories (glass droppers and roller bottles), and more go here http://sparknaturals.com/index.php/?id=17
No membership required!
Please be sure you review Affiliate & Health Disclosure to understand compensation for sharing above links!