One of my favorite things about having keto-kids is coming home to the most delicious creations that they make. And our daughter was so proud to have me taste test this one! If the smell of the house was indication of how these were going to taste....then it was a HUGE success! As you can clearly see they must have been even better than their smell or this recipe would not be shared here. Give her some love and have fun enjoying these all summer long for any BBQ with friends or for your kids to take to school in their lunches etc! The ideas are endless with these....you can use them as individual pizza crusts as well. Sorry no nutritional information yet - I'll work on that and update later. But as you can clearly see from the recipe below these are low carb and KETO GOODNESS!
Serves 6 (each person will use one bun - they are filling) or you can double recipe and make enough for six people to have a set of cauliflower buns.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 TB of Grass fed Butter (Full fat)
- 3 pasture raised large eggs
- 1 cup of organic coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of organic heavy cream
- 1 cup of organic shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 TB of ricotta cheese
- 2 TB of sour cream
- Organic Italian seasoning approx 1/8 tsp
- Organic Garlic powder a pinch or to taste
- Use for Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Large Avocado
- Ketchup, Bacon, Mayo, Pickles, Lettuce, Guacamole
- Grilled Chicken
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees
- Chop one head of cauliflower until small
- Cook in a skillet over medium heat with butter until soft (5-10 minutes)
- Pour ingredients into a large bowl
- Pour cauliflower into the bowl
- Use a hand held blender and blend ingredients until smooth. (If for some reason it is dry add more heavy cream; if to wet add more flour.)
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Spread your batter onto the sheet in number of the mounds of your choice.
- With your hands, shape the mounds of batter (choose your desired thickness)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until lightly golden on top and dark gold on the bottom.
- Take out of the oven and place on counter-top to cool for about 5 minutes.
Enjoy and follow us on Pinterest J.AveryDesign to share our recipe and see more! ;)
Special Note: Can be made as a bun for a burger, or chicken.
You can follow her on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/j.averydesign
Her Blue Roses for Freedom site: www.blueroses4freedom.com
Let us know how you like this recipe!
If you make any of my recipes tag me on Instagram #jillcooksketo and I'll pick a few to show my followers!
Please be sure you review Affiliate & Health Disclosure to understand compensation for sharing above links!